Thursday, August 10, 2006

The HLA Exec Needs You!


On 4th August a call for nominations to
the HLA Executive Committee was posted on aliahealth. Official duties would start in Feb 2007.

It's no surprise that individuals are willing to join committees if they are motivated by the actual work or projects being proposed and if they perceive they will actually get something out of the experience. What that something is will vary from individual to individual.

Having been involved in ALIA health library related committees for quite a few years now, I continue to be motivated on a number of levels - my philosophical comittment to the professional association and the role it plays in defining librarianship as a profession; being able to directly influence; I am forever learning from my involvement; the personal sense of achievement it gives me; it certainly looks good on my CV and has impressed my bosses and perspective employers; the opportunity to meet and work with new colleagues (who I continue to draw on years later); the new friendships I've made...

If these sentiments ring a bell with you give some serious thought to joining. If you'd like more information before making a comittment, please feel free to contact either Cheryl Hamill 08 9431 2780 or Lindsay Harris 08 8222 6161.

No comments: